Posted on: July 10 2009Education
- Conduct educational programs (seminars) annually, the topics of which are to be directed at all levels of management and operations as deemed appropriate.
- Support the Howard Goodman Educational Fund for the betterment of lodging industry employees.
- Support the Greater New Orleans Hospitality Education Foundation in it's efforts to create a better educational climate at the high school level through post secondary education.
- Support the University of New Orleans Hotel Restaurant Tourism program, Delgado, and other tourism programs through financial contributions and through advisory means.
- Monitor activity for unfavorable legislation and initiate favorable legislation.
- Maintain personal cooperative relationships with the Mayor, Councilpersons, and other elected/appointed officials whose areas of responsibility may effect member interests. This is to include regular personal contact/fund raising assistance as deemed appropriate.
- Prepare and distribute timely news and information to the membership in printed form, (such as newsletters, bulletins and fliers), and electronically to assist them in their day to day management tasks.
- Planning of all scheduled meetings to include a minimum of:
- Bi-monthly Board of Directors meetings;
- Quarterly General Membership meetings; and
- Committee/additional meetings as needed.
- Conduct targeted surveys for the membership as needed to assist them in the profitable, legal, and safe operation of their facility.
- Through staff support, provide assistance and meetings management services to various components of the industry at the department head level. This should include
but not be limited to the Housekeepers, Human Resources Directors, Concierges, Security Directors, Reservation Managers, Sales Departments. Endeavor to achieve a higher level of communications and coordination.
- Administer the annual trade-out advertising campaign directed at targeted slow periods of the year identified by the membership.
- Undertake any other marketing endeavor which the membership identifies as needed or as lacking.
- Monitor the activities of the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, the New Orleans Tourism Marketing Corporation, and the New Orleans Metropolitan Convention and Visitors Bureau, and provide input which improves the potential for successful results.
Civic and Professional Relations
- Create and maintain personal, professional, cooperative relationships with other business and tourism entities, such as, but not restricted to the New Orleans Metropolitan Convention and Visitors Bureau, the Louisiana/ New Orleans Restaurant Association, the New Orleans Chamber of Commerce, the Better Business Bureau, the Louisiana Association of Business and Industry, the Louisiana Travel Promotion Association, the Fairs and Festivals Association, SKAL, Hospitality Accountants, the Audubon Institute, the Sports Foundation, and the Multi Cultural Tourism Network.
- Create and maintain personal, professional cooperative relations with commissions and boards (political and otherwise) whose areas of responsibility may affect our member interests. These would include but not be restricted to Vieux Carre Commission, Dock Board, Aviation Board, New Orleans Exhibition Hall Authority, Louisiana Superdome, City Planning Commission, New Orleans Fire Department, New Orleans Police Department, Louisiana State Police, etc.
- Create a speakers bureau of the membership to bring the message of tourism's economic impact to our community to civic meetings and functions throughout the three-parish area. Establish a high visibility profile for the Association by attendance at those functions (civic/charitable) and affairs deemed appropriate such as the Odyssey Ball, Zoo-To-Do, Arthritis Foundation, Heart Association, Juvenile Diabetes, etc.