Posted on: June 11 2012Louisianatravel.com is launching a new website focusing on music found in Louisiana.
June 11, 2012
By Clyde Smith for Hyperbot.com
Though they are entirely separate events, the launch of multimedia site Louisiana Soundtrack and plans for the Cutting Edge music business conference in New Orleans are certainly connected. The Louisiana Office of Tourism is promoting visits to the state with music. The Cutting Edge CE is arranging business panels and booking artist performances through ReverbNation.
Louisiana Soundtrack is a multimedia site focused on the music of Louisiana including blues, jazz, cajun, zydeco and country. Information about music festivals and venues is included.
The educational and informative aspects of the site are nice but it would be great if they added more music listening options. I'm sure plenty of New Orleans musicians have free music on YouTube already.
All in all a nice site that's well designed.
Cutting Edge New Orleans
Cutting Edge Conferences and Events celebrates its 20th year September 26 to 30 in New Orleans. Industry speakers include eOne Music's Michael Koch and Vans Warped Tour's Kevin Lyman.
A variety of industry events are being planned:
- A multi-day event with 3 full conference days
- Instructions by industry pros
- Networking with the music experts
- One to One consultation with music professional and attorneys
- Cutting Edge Trade Show and Product Expo
- New Orleans style hospitality hub where attendees meet, greet and deal
- NewWorks Showcase – 3 nights of great live performances showcasing original works
- A Roots Music Gathering
- Instrument clinics and demonstrations
- Conference directory with a schedule of events, articles, features, names, contacts and ads that keep working all year long
Cutting Edge recently partnered with ReverbNation. They are taking RPKs through ReverbNation and all other showcase applications here.