Posted on: July 15 2009AN INVITATION TO JOIN THE GREATER NEW ORLEANS HOTEL & LODGING ASSOCIATION
The Greater New Orleans Hotel & Lodging Association is a not-for-profit corporation registered by the State of Louisiana, with a Board of Directors elected annually by its members, and charged with establishing policies and programs affecting the interests of the hotel and lodging industry in New Orleans. Its members are affiliated with both the Louisiana Hotel & Lodging Association and the American Hotel & Lodging Association.
Membership is limited to public lodging establishments licensed by the State of Louisiana, with allied memberships available to persons or organizations (business, civic, fraternal or professional) who are purveyors to, or are interested in, the objectives of the Association.Click here to join
General Overview of Benefits
RECOGNITION AND VISIBILITY
Whether you operate a small hotel, a large convention property or are a supplier of products or services, as a member of the Greater New Orleans Hotel & Lodging Association, you are immediately recognized as a part of New Orleans' most important industry. Your involvement in the programs and committees of the Association offer an opportunity to serve this vital part of the community's economy, and gives you an individual voice within The Association and a collective voice through the Association both locally and state wide.
Professional and social meetings throughout the year give you an opportunity to network and share experiences with other hotel and lodging professionals and suppliers. Our quarterly meetings feature local, state and national leaders as speakers on topics affecting the hotel and travel industry. Educational seminars, allied member programs, and awards presentations are held periodically throughout the year.
WORKSHOPS, EDUCATION AND SCHOLARSHIPS
Workshops and seminars, as well as research, are sponsored on subjects pertinent to the hotel industry. The Association actively supports and finances college scholarships for employees of member hotels committed to a hospitality career.
A STRONG VOICE FOR THE INDUSTRY'S FUTURE AND REPRESENTATION AT ALL GOVERNMENTAL LEVELS
As a member, you will be heard in the local and state arenas of political action that affect our industry. In addition to representing members with other organizations and governmental agencies at local and parish levels, the Greater New Orleans Hotel & Lodging Association, in liaison with the American Hotel & Lodging and Louisiana Hotel & Lodging Associations, monitors congress and the Louisiana Legislature and proposed legislation that affects our industry.
- Frequent exposure through NETWORKING . . . NETWORKING . . . NETWORKING . . .
- Our GNOHLA web site, www.gnohla.com , which lists both our Hotel and Allied Members. (Direct Links to their Websites available.)
- Corporate sponsorships at Special Events, which include a Golf Tournament and Annual Meeting.
- Our new online, Hospitality Industry Employment Classifieds Program that benefits both job seekers and employers in the hospitality industry job market through job postings.
- Face to Face Meetings with Hotel & Lodging General Managers.
- Face to Face Meetings with Hotel & Lodging Human Resources Directors.
- Face to Face Meetings with Hotel & Lodging Revenue Managers.
- Face to Face Meetings with Hotel & Lodging Executive Housekeepers.
- Face to Face Meetings with Hotel & Lodging Security Directors.
- Face to Face Meetings with key Allied Members.
- Legislation tracking, at all levels, that affects the hospitality industry.
- Educational workshops targeted to all segments of the membership.
- Exchange of ideas and information in printed and electronic form at membership gatherings.
- Business Referrals.
- Annual Trade Showcase.
- Tourism Tee-Off .
- December holiday party hosted by GNOHLA, LRA and NOMCVB.
- Special Annual Gala event.
- GNOHLA Annual Trade Showcase features member exhibits.
- Special subscription offer to CityBusiness , for members, as a benefit of membership.
- WWL-TV4 Special Commercial Packages.
- Preferential room rates for Allied Members at participating member hotels. (*)
- Annual GNOHLA Buyers' Guide will list and cross-reference Allied Member products and services. It'll be distributed to general managers, their key staff managers, and Allied Members, who will keep it on hand for easy reference. You'll gain a free listing and the opportunity to advertise at special rates. (*)
(*) = Indicates benefits that may begin by year's end.