Updated Nov 29, 12:43 PM; Posted Nov 29, 12:41 PM
Jackson Square may be nearing its 300th birthday, but it's still hot stuff as far as travel destinations go. TripAdvisor has named the iconic park one of its "hottest attractions" in the United States this fall.
The French Quarter square ranked 13th out of 25 sights on the latest TripAdvisor seasonal travel list, which includes natural landmarks, museums and gardens. Other hot attractions named on the list include the Grand Canyon's South Rim in Arizona, Chapel of the Holy Cross in Sedona, Arizona, and Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina.
TripAdvisor looked at year-over-year search activity on its travel site to come up with the list. Sights with the greatest increase in traveler searches rank highest.
Jackson Square saw a 9 percent boost from fall 2016 in overall searches for the landmark, according to TripAdvisor.
The park was one of two New Orleans attractions on the fall travel list. The National World War II Museum also made the cut, ranking 23rd overall with a 3 percent jump in searches.
In a news release, TripAdvisor noted sights in New Orleans and other Southern regions are drawing increased interest from travelers.
Earlier this year, TripAdvisor named St. Louis Cathedral as one of the "trendiest U.S. attractions" for summer travel. Similarly, that list looked not at new attractions, but at those that saw the largest bump in search traffic on the site.
Here is a look at the full list for the fall 2017 travel season. Read more about TripAdvisor's Seasonal Attractions Index.
- Grand Canyon South Rim -- Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
- Ryman Auditorium, Nashville, Tennessee
- Chapel of the Holy Cross, Sedona, Arizona
- Coit Tower, San Francisco, California
- Biltmore Estate, Asheville, North Carolina
- Newseum, Washington D.C.
- Gateway Arch, St. Louis, Missouri
- Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- The Johnny Cash Museum, Nashville, Tennessee
- Heard Museum, Phoenix, Arizona
- Silver Dollar City, Branson, Missouri
- The Grand Ole Opry, Nashville, Tennessee
- Jackson Square, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Dollywood, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Great Falls Park, McLean, Virginia
- Georgia Aquarium, Atlanta, Georgia
- High Roller, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Luray Caverns, Luray, Virginia
- Stratosphere Tower, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Pike Place Market, Seattle, Washington
- Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Gardens, Dallas, Texas
- Space Needle, Seattle, Washington
- The National WWII Museum, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, Munising, Michigan
- Griffith Observatory, Los Angeles, California