June 20 2012 | Latest Newsby CityBusiness staff reports
June 20th, 2012 Â·
The Paths to Progress program is hosting an informational meeting Tuesday regarding extensive road repairs that will take place in the French Quarter this summer.
Construction on the following segments are proposed to begin in July:
- Burgundy, Dauphine and Royal streets, from Canal Street to Esplanade Avenue;
- Esplanade Avenue, from North Peters Street to North Rampart Street;
- Toulouse Street, from Decatur Street to North Rampart;
- St. Louis Street, from Decatur to North Rampart;
- Decatur, from St. Louis to Dumaine Street; and
- North Peters, from Canal to St. Louis
The meeting will be held at the U.S. Mint building on Esplanade Ave. at 6 p.m and will focus on construction and repair details. Construction on street segments in eastern New Orleans and the 9th Ward selected for Paths to Progress program will begin next month.